Thursday, October 30, 2008

One Year of Sweetness

Happy Birthday, my sweet miracles! (I'm a little late)



One year ago, you two brought a sweetness and joy into my life that I can not even begin to describe or find words for. I waited so long for you and traveled such a rough, lonely road to get to you..but now that you are here, I can not even remember an ounce of the heartache I felt before I found out I was pregnant with you. You have brought so much happiness to me and your daddy. You will never know how much we love and adore you. I look at these first pictures of you and can not believe a year of your life has already passed by. It makes my heart ache yet it makes it fill with pride. The first time I held you in my arms, I could not catch my breath I was so overwhelmed with emotion. I felt like I had waited my whole life to hold you. At that moment I knew it was possible for your heart to beat outside of your body..because you two became my whole heart. I see how quick this year passed and it is a reminder to me to enjoy every second of your sweet lives. I am a different person because of you, I am forever changed. I am the luckiest person in the world because I get to be your mommy. You two truly are miracles. You will never know how much your daddy and I wanted, ached, yearned and prayed for you. We know you are both our gifts straight from the hands of our Mighty God! I did not think it was possible to love you more than I did the day you were born but every day I have had with you, I have come to love you more. Thank you for completing my life.

Happy Birthday, my angels! I love you with all that I am!

2 comments:

Kathryn Ford said...

Awe! That made me cry! You are so sweet. You look great.

Jean Sanders said...

BOY! Am I ever proud to be your mother. What beautiful words to your children.
I cried as soon as I saw the pictures in the NICU.
God has been so good to us and blessed us richly.

I love YOU to the moon and back!!!
Mama